Tuesday, June 7, 2011

June 6, 2011

"PRAY FOR OTHERS!"

How many times do you pray to God to help you with problems in your own life, but you fail to pray for anyone else who might need some help or guidance in his or her own life? There are times when we need to pray for those around us. We need to start praying as soon as we know that someone may have a need.

For instance, one day I was driving to the post office, and a car in front on my had a tag or sticker in the window about someone in their family having cancer and asking whoever reads this message to pray for the healing of their loved one. When I read this, I immediately had an overwhelming sensation of love come up from the inside of me, and I just started to pray out loud, "Dear God, please help their loved one, and please heal that person from their disease." Our prayers do not have to long, drawn out messages to God that require us to drop down on our knees. Yes, it is good to get down on our knees in order to talk to God from time to time, but we can pray anywhere and anytime. God will hear us!

Do you know of someone right here and right now who needs God's guidance or healing? Pray for that person right now. Don't wait till later to pray for them. I hear people say all the time, "I will pray for your family," then they go off on their merry, little way, and I always wonder if they ever do find time to pray. Send out a prayer to the universe immediately when you find out about someone's need. It will only take a moment of your time, and you will soon create a new habit of praying all the time. Pray for others and think of their needs!

No comments:

Post a Comment