Thursday, June 9, 2011

June 9, 2011

"GET UP AND GET MOVING!"

A few months ago, I started to exercise every single day, but then I fell off the fitness wagon, and I gained all the weight I had originally lost (which was about five pounds) back again. So, today I decided would be the day that I would get up off my butt and get this flabby body back into some much needed shape. At first, I just sat at my computer just dreading the thought of going out into the heat to walk around the neighborhood, but instead of just sitting there all morning, I decided to get my sneakers on and go for a walk. No matter what it may be that you want to start in life, you cannot get started until you get up and get moving!

I could have ignored my inner thoughts about starting to walk today; however, tomorrow I would be no further along than I was yesterday. In order to make a change in your life, you need to take that first initial step. You need to get up off the chair or the couch or out from being in front of the computer, and you need to start doing what you want to accomplish. Nothing will ever get done if we are not willing to take that first step.

Most of the time, people never take that first step, because they are afraid that they are going to fail. However, yesterday I heard a comment that made a lot of sense to me. What if people do not take that first step, because they are afraid of what they may become, or they are afraid of the success that they may achieve. Fear, I believe is the main reason why people stay in a rut. Don't be afraid to get out of your rut. Get up and get moving! You might be surprised at what goals you end up accomplishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment