Thursday, June 2, 2011

June 2, 2011

"BE PERSISTENT!"

What exactly does it mean to be persistent? According to Webster's New World Dictionary, persistent means to  continue in the face of opposition; continuing to exist or endure; and constantly repeated. Isn't this how life is? Sometimes (many times), life requires us to be persistent. We have to continue on while facing whatever battle we may be facing.

I have been looking for a full-time job or at least another part-time job for nearly a year now. Last summer I put my job hunt on hold until my husband was well again. However, now that he is well, and he is back to work full-time, I would like to be able to contribute to our finances by providing more than a substitutes salary. Let's face it, substituting is a very inconsistent job, and some weeks I only get one day of work. With the school year coming to a close, I find myself in a bit of a financial crisis. However, I am not going to panic. I am going to trust God, and I am going to be persistent in my job hunt. There has to be something out there right for me, so I will continue to face the battle.

No matter what you may be facing in life, get into the habit of being persistent. Sometimes, we cannot take no for an answer. Sometimes, we need to keep pounding that pavement that something better is just about to happen. That new job is right around the corner. However, the key is to not give up. We must be persistent every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment