Thursday, June 16, 2011

June 15, 2011

"HUM A HAPPY TUNE!"

The last few days have been a little melancholy for me, and I have been trying to figure out a way to lift my spirits. I tried by reaching out to friends and telling them my worries; however, that just made me think about my problems more. As I walked into the kitchen to get a cup of coffee, I found myself humming a happy tune. As I was humming, I realized that I my spirits were lifting, and I was becoming happier.

If you know someone who seems down, tell them to hum a happy tune. They don't have to do it in front of anyone. They can hum whenever they are alone. I remember when I worked at the juvenile detention center, and I would always walk down the hallways humming a happy tune. Soon this act would rub off on coworkers, and I would hear others walking down the hallways humming to themselves.

Hum a happy tune, and soon you will be smiling and feeling better!

No comments:

Post a Comment