Monday, June 20, 2011

June 20, 2011

FOCUS ON WHAT MAKES YOU HAPPY!



Some days are more trying than others. Whenever you may be having a rough day, and nothing you do seems to go the right way, focus on the things in life that make you happy. This might seem like a hard chore at first, but once you start redirecting your focus from the problem which may have your feathers ruffled at the time to focusing on something that makes you smile, your day might soon brighten. 

In order for this technique to work, one must first recognize what triggers his happiness. This could be anything from the person you love, your pet, an animal in the wild, a flower, a bird, or anything that makes you  smile. Maybe it's not a thing, but maybe it's a song by your favorite band. I am sure if you think really hard you will be able to think of a list of things which make you smile. For me the following things make me smile: my husband and son, butterflies, tigers, stone cottages with cobblestone walkways, and star gazer lilies. I am sure if I sat long enough and thought real hard I bet I could come up with a whole list of things which make me happy. Today it is just a little more difficult for me to come up with more things, because I did have a difficult day.

The next time things are not going as you had planned in your mind try thinking about something which makes you happy and that puts a smile on  your face. Soon you may find that you are no longer thinking about your problem, but instead you are showing gratitude for prettier things in life. Focus on what makes you happy and watch the sun shine brighter throughout your days.


No comments:

Post a Comment