Tuesday, June 14, 2011

June 14, 2011

"CHANGE YOUR NEGATIVE STRESSES WITH POSITIVE THOUGHTS!"

So many things in our lives can create stress whether it's your job, your friends, your family, or anything you can think of; how we deal with our stress will determine our level of happiness. We can whine and complain and worry about the negative influences that may be coming against us, or we can change our negative stresses with positive thoughts.

Yesterday my family had someone lie on us, and she tried to hurt our good character and reputation. A member of the family told her new landlord that we were going to be paying for her first month's rent whenever she never asked us, and we never agreed to such a thing. First of all, if you have read any of my other blogs, you will know that my family is facing financial issues, and there is no way we would be able to afford to pay for someone else's rent even if it were only for one month. The landlord ended up calling my home looking for his rent money. Needless to say, I had no idea what he was talking about until he explained to me what was going on. After listening to the man's story, I proceeded to tell him that the family member had concocted a story which was not true.

Now, this entire situation upset me greatly, and I called the family member to try to talk things out; however, she hung up on me. I could approach the negative, stressful situation two ways: I could let it make me so angry that it would take me several days to recuperate from, or I could change my thoughts to positive ones in order to enjoy my day. I chose the later. I accepted the fact that this family member lied on my family, and I didn't even think about the situation any longer. The only thing that crept into my mind today was how this entire situation upset my husband, and he truly does not need this type of negativity in his life at this point in time. Change your thoughts and watch your stresses cease to exist!

No comments:

Post a Comment