Sunday, June 19, 2011

June 19, 2011

STAY YOUNG AT HEART!!!




Today while my family visited a car show at a place called The Round Barn in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, we witnessed an older man who really knew the meaning of staying young at heart. While the band was playing country hits, this man had no fear to get up and "get down" in the middle of the dance floor. He tried to get several other people to join him; however, no one was willing except for three young children, two boys and one girl. My husband was lucky enough to capture on video a few minutes of this lively, man who is truly young at heart!

I look at this man with total admiration! This is truly a man who loves life, and he is not afraid to show it. Isn't this how we should treat life. We all should have been up there on that dance floor doing the jig and "cuttin a rug" as my dad would have said. I look at the older generation, and they really did know how to have a good time. When I was a little girl, my dad would take me to the summer festival, and country bands would always play on Saturday nights. My dad surely loved watching these bands while clapping his hands and tapping his feet and yelling a "yee haw" every now and again. 

Wouldn't it be great if the younger generations would get back into loving life like the older generations did! I hope I might be young at heart like this man one day. However, I might be too shy to get up on the dance floor like this young man did. But this is what life is all about, like my husband posted on my facebook blog page "Carpe Diem...Seize the Day!" and this is exactly what this man did...he seized the day!!! Learn to be young at heart!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment