Thursday, June 2, 2011

June 1, 2011

"RECOGNIZE THE TALENTS GOD HAS BLESSED YOU WITH!"

God has granted each and every one of us with some kind of talent. Some people are crafty while others are musical. Some people are blessed with the ability to write so beautifully that they whisk us off to some far away land within minutes of reading their words. God has granted my husband with an amazing artistic ability of drawing and painting. Today while we were waiting to see the doctor at the Hershey Medical Center, my husband sketched a picture of himself sketching a picture. I know it sounds complicated, but it was truly amazing.

After three hours of waiting, the doctor saw us as the office was closing for the day. The first thing he noticed when he walked into the examination room was the sketchpad that my husband had been drawing on all afternoon. He glanced at it and told my husband that his artwork is truly amazing. He then proceeded to tell my husband of an upcoming event the Medical Center was hosting for artists who are also cancer survivors. Over the summer, they will be displaying the artists work at a local art festival, and the doctor asked my husband if he would be interested in displaying his artwork. Of course, my husband is so humble that he does not feel his artwork is original enough to display for others to view.

If you have been blessed with a talent, then learn to recognize that God is the one who has blessed you. He gave you that talent for a reason, so don't hide it! Show your talent! It is a total blessing!

I will let you be the judge of my husband's artwork. I think he should display it so others can see what he has done in the past year and a half while winning the battle of cancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment