Tuesday, July 26, 2011

July 26, 2011

LEARN TO ADAPT TO CHANGES THAT ARE BEYOND YOUR CONTROL!


There will come times in our lives when we will have to change our plans because of circumstances that are out of our control. It is our responsibility to determine how we will react to these circumstance. We can allow these circumstances to ruin our day, or we can learn to accept the change for what it is, and we can try to find the silver lining or positive learning experience within the change. Learn to adapt to changes that are beyond your control!

Tonight's blog will have to be short and to the point, because I spent most of my evening in our local emergency room of our hospital. My plan for today was to come home from work, and I was planning to relax with my son. However, our plans changed as soon as we got home, and we listened to the messages on our answering machine. My mother had called, and she needed to go to see her doctor. However, by the time I received the message, her doctor's office was closed, so I ended up having to take her to the emergency room for her issue. My plans for my peaceful evening were thwarted in order to meet my mother's needs.

Sometimes, our plans that we make for ourselves will change in an instant, and there is nothing we can do to control the situation. We just need to learn to remain calm, go with the flow, stay positive, and look for the learning experience within the situation. Learn that you cannot always control every situation in your own life, and learn to adapt to those situations which are out of your control!


No comments:

Post a Comment