Sunday, July 3, 2011

July 3, 2011

PLAN SURPRISES THAT MAKE OTHERS SMILE!


Most people love surprises! It doesn't matter what kind of surprise it is whether a birthday party, going away party, a celebration of you party, or a surprise gift; most of us love to receive something that is totally unexpected which makes us smile. If you are a person who loves to bring joy into others' lives then do something nice to surprise them. 

Last night my husband bought a t-shirt for my son. Now, you are probably thinking, "Well, there is nothing spectacular about that." Well, this t-shirt was special. In the store it looked like a normal black and white t-shirt, but it had a sticker on the front that said whenever you go outside in the sunlight the shirt would change to a multitude of colors. Well, my husband had to buy this t-shirt for our son, but instead of telling our son that the shirt changes colors, my husband ripped off the sticker and said nothing to our son about what this shirt could do. This afternoon my son wore his new shirt, and when he walked out into the sunlight, he was amazed when he finally realized that his shirt had changed colors. The expression he had on his face was priceless! My husband and I immediately started laughing, because our surprise worked! We were able to surprise our son without him figuring it out beforehand. The joy that moment brought my family will be a memory that will last a lifetime!



Surprises not only bring joy to the person receiving the surprise, but also to the person who is giving the surprise. I personally have enjoyed surprising people over the years. Sometimes, I will surprise people with a gift on their birthdays or at Christmas time. Sometimes, if someone has gone out of their way to help me, I will surprise them by sending them something special in the mail. Learn to bring joy to others and give them a pleasant surprise once in a while!

No comments:

Post a Comment