Sunday, July 31, 2011

July 31, 2011

EXCEL AT YOUR TALENTS!!!


With today's struggling economy, there are so many people searching for a job that it makes it nearly impossible to find a decent job anywhere. Lately, I have been extremely hard on myself, because I have been passed over for so many jobs that I have applied for. Within the last few weeks, I have had to take a step back and analyze the types of jobs that I am good at. I was writing off many jobs, because I felt they were demeaning. Why should someone who possesses a college education go back to working in a place such as a restaurant? However, with my family's ever-increasing medical bills and other debts plus our day to day expenses, I had to humble myself and view what I am talented at doing.



This brought me back to my very first job working in a fast food restaurant. Now, I know that this is not the career move I had intended at 38 years of age, but it is time to put my pride aside and help my family in any way possible. There is one thing I do know, and that is when I started working at a fast food restaurant nearly 22 years ago, I was excellent at my job. My manager begged me to stay on, so that I could work my way up through management from supervisor, to assistant manager, and then on to general manager; however, when I quit that job at the age of 21, I never had any intentions of ever returning to work in a greasy spoon. 



Now, 18 years later, I will soon be walking back through that door, and I have made up my mind that I will be the best employee I can possibly be in order to help my family get back on track with our finances. I am taking my talents, and I am going to excel at what I already know that I am good at. Maybe after all this time my manager will get her wish. Maybe, I will work my way up through management like she always wanted for me. Don't be afraid to excel at your talents! You might be capable of accomplishing more than you ever dreamed.


No comments:

Post a Comment