Wednesday, January 12, 2011

January 12, 2011

"LIGHTEN UP AND DON'T TAKE EVERYTHING SO SERIOUSLY!"

The other night I posted on my facebook wall that the reason Joel Osteen smiles all the time is because he is a millionaire, and I would smile all the time too if I didn't have the worries of whether my bills were going to get paid or not. Well, my cousin got really offended by what I posted, and she replied that money does not buy happiness. So, I replied back that whoever made that comment was clearly poor. Money may not buy happiness, but it sure as heck helps while you are on your journey to find happiness. My post was all in jest, but here I had a family member taking it seriously and arguing with me over the internet about money and happiness.

Now, I will be the first to tell you that I have traveled that journey of finding inner peace and happiness, and my cousin was right that money does not buy happiness because happiness comes from within. However, it has been a proven fact that the lack of money in a person's life is a huge stressor. If one is able to remove that stressor, and if he or she has enough money to pay his or her bills every month, then he or she has eliminated a huge stress in his or her life.

The post I made was a joke. I love Joel Osteen, and I feel he is an amazing minister and teacher. His books have helped me while I was on my journey to finding happiness or a better way of life. However, one person decided to take my post seriously when it was never meant to be taken seriously. I say, "Lighten up!" Life is too short to be taking everything you encounter in life so seriously. Some things are meant to be laughed at. So, lighten up, laugh, and let go once in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment