Monday, January 24, 2011

January 23, 2011

"TREAT YOURSELF TO SOMETHING NICE ONCE IN A WHILE

Have you ever found yourself in a store looking at an item and really liking it while contemplating whether to buy it or not. Most of the time, we have the money to purchase the item, but if you are anything like me, you will pick it up and put it back down 10 times before making a final decision to let it sit on the shelf and walk away. I have never been the type of person to make needless purchases on items that are not of necessity. On a very rare occassion do I ever walk out of a store with an item for my own pleasure. I have no difficulty spending money on other people, but I struggle with purchasing items for myself. Even as a child I was frugal and knew how to save a buck. Those traits carried over into adulthood.

Joyce Meyer has a book out called, "Eat the Cookie and Buy the Shoes." This is another of Joyce's books which I would like to read but haven't had the opportunity to purchase yet. By the title of the book, I believe Joyce is saying treat yourself once in a while. Give yourself a present from time to time. So many of us are so wrapped up in making others happy that we sacrifice our own happiness. Take time to splurge on a guilty pleasure. We are only on this Earth once, so live it up! Buy yourself the shoes, the blouse, the pants, the jacket, the purse, the designer glasses, the ice cream cone, the knick knack, etc....whatever it is that you like. Maybe not everything at once, but one item at a time on a regular basis. Treat yourself and make yourself smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment