Monday, January 31, 2011

January 30, 2011

"TAKE ADVANTAGE OF TOMORROW!"

How many activities do you try to fit into one day? Does there never seem to be enough hours in each of your days? Do you never have enough time to get it all done? That is how many people feel myself included up until a year ago.

I used to stay up till the wee hours of the night trying to get everything accomplished that was on my "to do" list before the start of the next day. About a year or two after my husband and I were married, I stayed up till 4 a.m. one night painting my living room walls. I could not leave it half finished. I needed to have the entire room painted before the start of the next day. Plus, I had to work an eight hour shift which started at 8 a.m.

Now looking back at this scenario, I can truly see how I had my priorities way out of line. What I should have done was put the paint back in the can, and I should have gone to bed with my husband. Did it really matter if the painting had to wait one more evening before it was completed? No, it didn't matter; however, I made it a larger priority than it had to be at the time.

In the last year, I have learned how to take advantage of tomorrow. It does not matter if all the household chores do not get done in one evening or day. There is always tomorrow to get done what you did not have a chance to get done today. Is it going to matter a month from now or a year from now that the vacumming did not get done when you wanted it to be done? Is it going to matter if the dishes had to sit in the sink overnight? NO!!!

What matters is you spend quality time with those you love and who love you! Instead of doing chores while the rest of your family is sitting in the living room or family room enjoying a movies, join your family! Don't stay home to finish the laundry while your family goes on a neighborhood walk! Go with them! Enjoy the time you have today with those you love! Take advantage of tomorrow, because the chores can wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment