Friday, January 28, 2011

January 27, 2011

"LISTEN TO THAT INNER VOICE!"

Have you ever been deep in thought, and you suddenly hear a voice deep down within you? Some people call this our conscience while others call it the Spirit speaking to us. How many of us listen to that voice?

I have to admit that many times in my past I have ignored that voice, and each and every time I have ignored it, something bad transpired. One time my husband wanted to go visit his family in New York, and normally this would not be a problem and I would not have any issues with going to visit his family. However, this time, something inside me told me to stay home. I did not listen, and I ended up coming home with shingles all over my face. Maybe, you are thinking this is just coincidence, but many occasions like this have happened in my life. One time, a family member came to me and asked me to host a babyshower for another family member. My inner voice told me to say no. However, the good in me said yes. Even my husband warned me about taking on this project, because he did not have peace about the situation. After spending hundreds of dollars on merchandise and presents for this babyshower, the family member whom the babyshower was for called me and said some not so nice things about me, and needless to say, the babyshower was cancelled. Just recently, my inner voice told me not to take a subbing job, and once again, I did not listen. That day I ended up getting cursed out by one of the children in the class. I ended up leaving two hours early from my job with tears streaming down my face.

These are just three times I refused to listen to my inner voice, but I can assure you that there have been many times in my life when I ignored that inner voice, and the situtation did not turn out well.

That inner voice was given to us in order to guide us through each of our days. I have learned over the years to listen to that voice and not ignore it any longer. Get quiet once in a while and listen to what that inner voice has to say. Sometimes when our minds get overactive, and we are trying to figure out a problem on our own but we feel like we are pushed into a corner with nowhere to turn. STOP AND LISTEN! You might be surprised where that inner voice leads you! The inner voice will lead you to good and never bad. The inner voice, which I like to call The Spirit, is meant to lead you to God and will help you through all your life's problems. The Spirit NEVER causes harm to you or anyone else. The Spirit will lead you out of the darkness and into the light! Listen to your inner voice and see what it has to say!

No comments:

Post a Comment