Friday, January 28, 2011

January 28, 2011

"LAUGHING WILL HELP TO LIFT LOW SPIRITS!"

If you are ever feeling down or when nothing seems to be going right, find something to laugh about, and your spirits will go from being low to being lifted.

Today was an off day for me, or we could call it a low spirits day. I am not exactly sure why I felt that way, but I suppose it was stemming from the stress of this past year. People's hateful words kept replaying in my mind, and no matter what I did to try to lift my spirits nothing seemed to work. I even tried reading one of my Joel Osteen books, but that didn't help. However, once my family came home; my son from school and my husband from work, my spirits became brighter!

My son was the first to make me laugh when I told him he was not quite as tall as me. He then proceeded to tell me that if I were not wearing go-go boots, he would be my height. Let me be the first to tell you that I do not own go-go boots, but his response got a chuckle out of me. Then my second laugh came when my husband came home with a new blood pressure machine, and he decided to try to take my blood pressure. He told me to stand still for two minutes, and then he proceeded to say he knew how hard that would be for me. That made me laugh, because we have always joked that I can never sit down. I always have to be doing something.

My day started out gloomy; however, two comments made me laugh and lifted my spirits. Even if you do not have someone in your life who can make silly comments to you in order to get a laugh out of you, then try to find other methods to make you laugh. Rent a funny movie, watch a funny tv show, go to a comedy club, but find an outlet in order to relieve the stress which might be causing your low spirit and laugh. Laughing will lift your spirits higher!

No comments:

Post a Comment