Friday, January 21, 2011

January 20, 2011

“LEARN TO LOOK FOR THE LESSON THAT CAN BE LEARNED THROUGH ALL OF LIFE’S CIRCUMSTANCES!”

It took me a very long time to realize that difficult periods during our life are meant to teach us a lesson. I always went through life looking at difficulties as a punishment for something that I did wrong in the past. Like so many young people, I was caught up in making a living and earning a paycheck in order to get those monthly bills paid. Life was flying by right before my eyes, but I was too busy to see how quickly time was passing. However, on November 10, 2010, my family’s life seemed to stop in its tracks when we received my husband’s cancer diagnosis. All our other problems we suffered through over the years soon seemed insignificant to what we were now facing.

Even today, a year later, I still seem to have trouble looking for that life’s lesson. During the year of my husband’s surgery and chemotherapy and radiation treatments, I seemed to be at peace even though I wasn’t working everyday. During the summer months, I had no income of my own coming in at all since school was closed for summer vacation, but I still seemed to have a sense of peace over me. Now, after my husband has healed and has been given a clean bill of health, I seem to be right back to where I was before his diagnosis of worrying about how I am going to pay my bills. It looks as if I didn’t take the lessons during my husband’s illness seriously. It looks as if I need to sit down and digest what God was trying to tell me for a year, but I still didn’t get it.

Here are the lessons I feel God was trying to get through my thick skull! Slow down, relax, and enjoy life and your family! Life is not all about bills, making payments, working your fingers to the bone, and stressing about how you are going to get it all accomplished. Yesterday was a bad day for me as you can tell with my post. I was an emotional wreck worried about my bills and my money situation; however, six months ago I was taking a different approach to those same issues. There was not a month that went by that I did not have enough money to make my monthly payments. My lesson is to allow God to take control! Another lesson I learned is the things we feel are problems are insignificant compared to what you could be facing. My husband never once complained about his cancer diagnosis. He never complained about his surgery or his treatments, and in my mind, he had every right to complain. However, he kept telling me how he was looking for the lesson to be learned from his situation. My husband showed me that I need to take all these lessons that are right in front of my eyes and start living them daily.

I ask you…what are you going through right now? What lesson can be learned from the difficulties you are facing? I will guarantee you there are lessons to be learned if you just look for them.  

No comments:

Post a Comment