Wednesday, August 10, 2011

August 10, 2011

GO BACK TO THE BASICS IF NECESSARY!!!


Tomorrow I am starting my new job, or I could say that I am starting my very first job over again. Never did I think that I would be going back to this job after being away from it for 18 years. However, there are times in our lives when we may need to go back to the basics, and we may need to start all over again. Go back to the basics if necessary! This might be your only hope!



The job market in the area of the country in which I live is extremely scarce. Jobs in the field I have been working for the past 15 years (which is child care, human services, or education) are nearly impossible to find. During the school year, I work as a substitute teacher's aide with our local school district, but substitutes are unable to collect unemployment during the summer months. The last two months have been financially stressful, but then I found out that one of our local fast food restaurants were hiring, and this place just happened to be my first job. So, what did I decide to do? I decided to go back to the basics and start where I left off 18 years ago. 



Are you facing hard times in your life right now? Are you in need of a job, but you don't seem to be able to find anything? This was me for the past year. I have been looking for a full-time job, and I kept coming up empty handed. However, I was looking in all the wrong places. What I needed to do was humble myself, look at my job skills, and then I had to weigh all my options. One of those options included going back to my very first job; however, I was sitting on the fence with my decision. I really didn't want to start all over again, but I have to be honest that I was very good at that job, so I know that I can do this job, and I know that I will excel at this job. The job was there all along! I just had to get off the fence and make a final decision to go back to basics!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment