Thursday, August 4, 2011

August 4, 2011

DO NOT SETTLE FOR ANYTHING LESS THAN WHAT YOU TRULY WANT IN LIFE!!!


How many times in life have you settled for something that you truly did not want, either to please another person or because whatever you chose was priced less than what you truly wanted? Looking back at my own life's experiences, I can recognize areas that I settled. The house I am living in right now is not the house that I wanted to buy when my husband and I purchased it nearly 11 years ago. However, my husband fell in-love with the nearly two acre lot, so I settled on this house to please him. My friend, life is way to short to settle for things that you truly do not want. Do not settle for anything less than what you truly want from your life!



Settling doesn't have to pertain to just large items, such as houses and cars, but settling can involve little ventures, such as what to order while eating out. Years ago, I would scour the menu looking for the cheapest items, because I did not want to pay a whole lot for food. This action would frustrate my husband. He would tell me, "Don't look at the prices! Order what you want!" However, it took me many years to realize that if I really wanted the barbecue spare ribs that it was okay for me to order them instead of the chicken just because the chicken was a cheaper menu option.



Life is too short to settle for anything less than what you truly want! Do not settle, because the act of settling may bring more misery into your life than what you had anticipated. Life is too short to wake up every morning angry for the choice you made. Choose what you really want in life, because you don't want to look back ten years from now thinking, "I wish I had chosen the other option." Get out of life what you truly want! 


No comments:

Post a Comment