Friday, August 12, 2011

August 12, 2011

LIFE IS LIKE A VAPOR!!! USE YOUR TIME WISELY!!!


If you are a close friend of mine, then you will know that I was a child who was raised on '80's Rock-N-Roll music. The '80's hair bands were near and dear to my heart. The Rock-N-Roll community received some very sad news today concerning one of our rock veterans. Jani Lane from the band Warrant passed away yesterday evening. This news makes one realize that life is like a vapor, and we must learn to use our time wisely.



When something so tragic strikes someone who is so young, it makes everyone realize how short life truly is. As I have been stating over and over again on my blog, NEVER take for granted the people who mean the most to you. We never know how many more days we will be blessed with on this beautiful Earth, and we have no idea if our loved ones will be with us again tomorrow.



Now, if there are any teenagers reading my blog who have gone out and Googled Jani Lane, you will find out that alcohol and possibly drugs were involved in Jani's death. I would never condone any of these behaviors, because I do not feel that turning to drugs and/or alcohol is a viable method of dealing with life or the circumstances life may deal us. Drugs and alcohol are NOT the answer, so the sooner young people can get this message the better! If you are facing down times or possibly depression, then speak to someone who you trust; whether a teacher, a parent, an aunt, an uncle, a friend's parents, a guidance counselor, a pastor, a clergyman, whoever you may choose, but do not try to deal with your problems yourself, and NEVER turn to drugs or alcohol. I am probably the biggest anti-drug person you will encounter, so I did not want anyone to think that I condone Jani Lane's actions. I merely wanted to state that life goes by so quickly, and we never know how much time we have left.



If you are rushing through your days, and the days seem to be flying by without you realizing it, you might want to slow down and recognize that life is like a vapor. Our loved ones are here one minute then gone the next. Sometimes, we never even see the end coming. It happens so abruptly that we do not even have time to say good bye. Tonight I am saying a prayer for Jani's family who never saw his passing coming. Life is like a vapor! Do not waste your time and NEVER take your loved ones for granted!

R.I.P. Jani Lane 

No comments:

Post a Comment