Sunday, August 21, 2011

August 21, 2011

BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WORRY ABOUT! YOU MIGHT THINK YOUR WORST NIGHTMARE INTO EXISTENCE!


Our thoughts are extremely powerful! If you only knew how powerful your thoughts truly are, you would never think another negative thought in your lifetime. Sometimes, we have the power of thinking our worst nightmares into existence. I have read in many books that our lives become what we focus on or think about the most. Be careful what you think about, because you might not like the outcome that you receive.



Ever since I was 16 years old my mother has worried about me driving a car. Just last Sunday when my family got home from our little weekend getaway, there was a message on our answering machine from my mother stating to call her as soon as we got home not matter what time it was, because Virginia was having nasty storms and she wanted to make sure we got home safely. Now you would think that a 38 year old woman and her own family would not have to check-in with mommy any longer. I think we would be capable of getting home safely on our own, and if we didn't she would find out about it eventually. Over the years, these messages on my answering machine have infuriated me! I always asked my husband why she had to think negatively. Why did she always think that the worst was going to happen? 



Well, my mother's 22 years of worrying finally paid off on Monday afternoon as my car veered off the road and proceeded to roll over. We got home safely Sunday evening in the pouring rain, thunder, and lightening, but I didn't do so well with a fine mist of rain on a back road on my way home from work Monday afternoon. Now, I am not blaming my mother for my accident, but I do believe that we can think negative events into existence. 



Throughout this last week, or I should say throughout these last 21 years, my husband has been the most positive person in my life. No matter what kind of negative act happens, he will find the positive and point it out to me. Even through what should have been his darkest period in life, his cancer diagnosis and treatments, he still remained positive that everything was going to work out fine, and he keeps telling me that we are meant to be doing more with our lives. We just are not quite sure what that "more" is yet. I do know I have a book sitting here on my computer about our experience through my husband's cancer diagnosis and treatments, and maybe I am supposed to get that thing published. I am not quite sure how to go about doing that, so if anyone out there who may be reading this blog might know how I could publish and market my book, please let me know. 



In the meantime, be careful what you think about! Do not think your nightmares into existence!


No comments:

Post a Comment