Monday, August 22, 2011

August 22, 2011

FACE REALITY!!!


Sometimes, it is hard to face the bitter, sweet truth of reality. There are times that it is easier to remember how times used to be, or you may look at how you wish your life to be. However, in the end, one must face how his or her life is today. Face reality instead of hiding behind delusions.



If you have been reading my blog for the past week, you know that I was in a very bad car accident one week ago today, and as a result of that accident, my car was totaled. This past weekend my family drove from one car dealership to the next scouring the lots for a car that we could afford. We found a car that I thought my husband would like, and I planned on going to test drive it this evening when my husband got home from work. As the afternoon wore on, I came to the realization that my family cannot afford this car even though it is a pre-owned vehicle. When we purchased the car that I demolished, we did not have the medical debt and credit card debt that has accumulated since my husband's illness. Once I faced reality, I realized that no bank is going to give my family a loan for another vehicle with all the outstanding debt that we already owe other entities. 



It would be easy for me to hide in a delusion that we are going to be able to replace my car easily, but I would be lying to myself. My family is in for a long, tough road once again, but this time it will be learning how to juggle one car in order to meet our family's needs, such as getting my son to school, and my husband and I getting back and forth to our jobs.



Don't hide from reality! Face it and deal with it to the best of your ability!

No comments:

Post a Comment