Tuesday, August 16, 2011

August 15, 2011

YOUR LIFE CAN CHANGE IN AN INSTANT!!! NEVER TAKE YOUR LOVED ONES OR YOUR LIFE FOR GRANTED!!!


If you haven't told your loved ones how much they mean to you, do it right now, because life as you know it can change in a blink of an eye! Have you ever heard that your life flashes before your eyes during a life-threatening situation? Well, that might might happen for some people, but in the instant before my car started to roll over, the only thought that was going through my mind was that I was not ready to die and leave my family behind. Never take your loved ones or your life for granted! 


Even though I am very upset that my car is demolished, the one thing that I am totally grateful for is the fact that my son was not in the car with me during the time of the accident. Life lessons can be learned from any circumstance that life throws your way. I could be depressed and angry about what happened, or I can learn the valuable lessons life is showing me. Cars can replaced, but our lives cannot. We can whine and complain about how our lives turn out, or we can be grateful for what and whom we have been blessed with. 


I am very lucky to be alive right now! The man who towed my car away told my husband that he was surprised that I walked away from that accident alive. I am not exactly sure what happened or even why my vehicle lost control. The only thing I can think is I may have hit a patch of oil on the road, and when I tried to gain control, the car decided to roll. This whole situation is unclear in my mind, because even though it was raining and the roads were wet, I had driven this road thousands of times in the past. I was only traveling between 25 and 30 miles per hour, and this is the damage that happened. So, if I can offer everyone reading this any kind of advice, it is to slow down on wet roads even if you have driven that road in the past, because you never know when you will lose control and nearly lose your life.


No comments:

Post a Comment