Friday, August 26, 2011

August 26, 2011

DON'T GET OVERWHELMED BY YOUR FEELINGS!!!


Our feelings or emotions can get the better of us if we allow them to become out of control. It is easy to sink into a deep sea of despair and start feeling sorry for yourself if you do not monitor your feelings on a daily basis, especially if something traumatic has happened within your life recently. Since my car accident last Monday, I have been riding a roller coaster of emotions. One minute I will be happy and grateful that I survived, the next moment I am sad and crying because I could have been taken from my family, then my last emotion is that of anger, because I am so ticked off that I demolished my great car. 



However, once your emotions start to get out of control over one issue, everything else that you must face in life seems to become a giant in comparison to what it really is. Today was one of those days where I left something small and petty get the better of me, and it made me irate with frustration and anger. I learned that our family is having a barbecue next weekend, and my immediate family was not invited. Now, if it were any other period of time, this news would not have bothered me, because my family is seldom invited to any family functions; however, today after being on this roller coaster ride of emotions, this news made me so angry that it was all I could focus on. All I could think about was how could our family do this and not invite their own brother and uncle (my husband) especially after the past year and a half he has had with fighting cancer. 



As the day wore on, my emotions calmed down, and I was able to get my feelings under control again. There are certain things in life that are out of our control and getting invited to family functions is definitely out of our control. I need to remember all the other family functions in the last year we have not been invited to including weddings and other family parties. Just because my husband had cancer doesn't mean that other family members are going to want to include me in their family functions. They still hold onto preconceived ideas that they bred 21 years ago, and there is nothing I can do or say to change their minds. All I can do is get my feelings under control, be aware of my emotional state, and accept things for how they are! There is no use getting my dander up over something I have no control over. All I can do is pray they all have a beautiful celebration together. Peace and Blessings to them all!


No comments:

Post a Comment