Tuesday, August 2, 2011

August 2, 2011

RECOGNIZE WHEN YOU ARE IN A BAD MOOD...THIS TOO SHALL PASS!


Now this probably doesn't seem like anything very inspirational to write about; however, I believe this topic is extremely inspirational. When we learn to recognize that we are in a bad mood, we can learn how to react in proper ways even while being in the middle of a fit of anger. This picture above is what I looked like today. Today was very rough for me, because I felt that everything I tried to accomplish today was backfiring on me. However, since I already knew that I was in a bad mood, I could control how I was interacting with other people. Plus, I kept telling myself that this nasty mood would soon pass.



While my son was helping me with some chores around the house, I found myself snapping out at him. As soon as my tone got on the abrasive side, I immediately apologized, and I explained to my son that I was having a bad day, and I asked him not to take anything I said personally. My son was fine with my explanation, because just the other day, he was snapping out whenever one of his video games was giving him a hard time. When we recognize that we are having a bad day, and that bad day puts us into a rotten mood, it is extremely beneficial if you can recognize your feelings. When we recognize our feelings, we can warn those close to us that they might want to keep their distance until your mood lightens up again. 



When I am having a bad day, I usually try to stay to myself, so that I do not take out my bad mood on an innocent bystander. In the past year, I have become very good at recognizing my moods. As much as I would love to be upbeat and cheerful every single day, that is just an unrealistic goal. Sometimes, our circumstances bring us down some, but it doesn't mean that we have to stay in a down mood forever. Just remember, if you are having a bad day, and if your mood is sour, just remind yourself that this mood shall soon pass.


No comments:

Post a Comment