Friday, August 5, 2011

August 5, 2011

BE GRATEFUL FOR THE LIFE YOU HAVE BEEN BLESSED WITH!!!


Remember a few nights ago when I wrote my blog about finding inspiration everywhere? Well, tonight's inspiration was found in a movie. The movie is called "17 Again", and it's about this man, Mike O'Donnell, portrayed by Matthew Perry when he was in his mid to late 30's, who is very unhappy with the way his life has turned out. So, Mike O'Donnell gets a chance to go back to when he was 17 year old in order to make things right in his life. If you have not seen this movie, it's your typical spin off from the Classic movie, It's a Wonderful Life where the leading man gets to go back in time and witness what life would have been like without him in it. No matter which movie you watch, the message is still the same! Be grateful for the life you have been blessed with!!!



From time to time, we all might get frustrated by how our lives have panned out. So many of us have made those comments, such as "If I could turn back time, I would have changed this or that." We look at our lives and we ask ourselves how on Earth did we get to the point we are at today. I know these are the questions I have been asking myself for the past several months. Some things in life, we have no control over, so there is not a darn thing we can do to change the circumstances we are facing right now. However, most of us, if given the chance to go back in time to change what we have been through, would probably pass and continue to live the life we are living today.



A lot of people probably think I am really being dumb by not wanting to go back in time to skip certain parts of my life. You are probably thinking, "Wouldn't you want to skip your husband having cancer?" I would love to skip over the parts of my husband having to go through all those treatments and having to go through major surgery; however, my husband's life-threatening illness brought us closer together than we have ever been in the 21 years that we have been together. We are probably more in-love today than any other time in our past. I might not be happy with how this past year and a half has left us financially destitute, but I am grateful that God has granted me more time with my husband. I am learning day by day to be grateful for the life God has blessed me with!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment