Sunday, September 11, 2011

September 11, 2011

REMEMBER THE FALLEN!!!




Ten years ago today America faced the worst terroristic attack that we have ever faced in the 38 years that I have been alive and living in this great country. I won't go into detail of what happened on that day, because everyone knows what happened on that dreadful day. That day will be embedded in everyone's minds forever. Ten years ago I owned and operated my own daycare center, and I will never forget my husband calling me from work telling me that a plane had crashed into the World Trade Center tower. The first words out of my mouth were, "What a horrible accident." Then 15 minutes later, my husband called me back stating that a plane had hit the other tower. I thought my husband was going insane, but he told me to turn on the television immediately which I did. The horror I saw on that television screen will be forever engraved in my memory. So many innocent lives were taken on that dreadful day. Each year people around the world honor the fallen who lost their lives on that September day.



On that day and the days that followed, American people joined together to help their fellow citizens. I saw more American flags in the months that followed than any other time of my life. People worked together to help those in need. It was definitely a time of unity. 



On this day 10 years after that dreadful day, people in America are honoring those who lost their lives on that tragic day. We will never forget any those people who are true heroes. God Bless the families who lost loved ones that day!!! God Bless America!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment