Friday, September 30, 2011

September 30, 2011

ENJOY THE QUALITY TIME YOU SPEND WITH YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS! THIS TIME IS WHAT FORMS OUR LASTING MEMORIES!!!


How often do you truly treasure and cherish the personal time you get to spend with your family and friends? How do you spend your evenings with your family after work? Do you spend it stressed out and worried about the tasks that you need to accomplish tomorrow at work? All the time we have with our family and friends is time in which we will never be able to replace, so we need to respect that time and use it wisely. Enjoy your time with your loved ones, because these moments are what form our lasting memories.



Lasting memories can be formed in so many ways, such as having coffee with a friend, going out to a movie for a girl's or guy's night out, watching a movie at home with the family or friends, playing a board game, going to the park, walking through a store, etc. You don't have to spend lots of money in order to make lasting memories. In the evenings, I like to just be in the same room with my family. I look back at my own life, and I realize how much time I wasted by spending my evenings in another room especially if my husband and I were arguing about something unimportant. This precious time is something that cannot be replaced. I can never get those hours and years back. I wasted so many lasting memories. 



How can you start to make lasting memories in your own life? I understand that some of you who may be reading this may not have families; however, I am sure that you interact with people on a daily basis. There has to be someone in your life who you can make lasting memories with, such as a close friend or coworker. You can even make lasting memories by helping out a stranger. I remember helping out an elderly lady one time at the gas station. She was having trouble pumping gas into her car. She said she had never pumped gas before and her husband was in the hospital. Instead of trying to explain to her how to do it, I just did it for her. That is a lasting memory that I will never forget. Other memories include memories I have shared with my husband, son, and other family members. For instance, years ago my husband and I hosted a Christmas party for both sides of our family, and those parties left memories in our hearts. Enjoy the time you have with your family and friends, and always cherish the memories you create! Life is so short, so never take one minute for granted. Each of our moments are precious gifts!


No comments:

Post a Comment