Tuesday, September 27, 2011

September 27, 2011

HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY EVERY DAY!!!


How do you start your days? Do you grumble, mope, and complain even before you get out of bed in the morning or do you start the day by thanking God for another amazing, blessed day? Each day you should have a wonderful day, because each day is a beautiful gift that has been granted to us once again when we awake at sunrise. We can make up our minds to have a wonderful day regardless of the circumstances that we may be facing in life. Lean to have a wonderful day every day!


Today while I was at work a customer came up to my register, and I pleasantly smiled and said, "Hello. How are you today." The customer looked back at me and said, "Oh okay. How are you today?" I replied, "Wonderful!" The customer was dumbfounded and didn't know what to say. I started to laugh and joke around with my customer telling him that he didn't expect to hear that answer which he replied that he did not. About a half hour later, the man's wife came up to me and told me that their food was prepared perfectly, and she and her husband hoped that I continued to have a wonderful day. That is exactly what I did! I finished out my shift in pleasant spirits while accomplishing all my tasks, and I took my wonderful mood home with me to my son and husband.  

Sometimes all it takes to change a person's mood from rotten to pleasant is a kind word or a pleasant smile. Sometimes all a person needs is someone to show them that they care. For instance, the restaurant I work at is across the street from the hospital, and a lot of the elderly people who come in are people who have loved ones in the hospital. Sometimes all those people need is to hear that there are people in the world who care about them and their well being. In the last two weeks, I have told several people that I would keep them and their loved ones in my prayers, because they were facing a difficult time in their lives. Make it a point to have a wonderful day every day, because you might make others have wonderful days as well!


No comments:

Post a Comment