Thursday, September 8, 2011

September 8, 2011

FIND AT LEAST ONE THING TO BE THANKFUL FOR!!!


This year was supposed to be the most positive year of my life; however, this year has brought and continues to bring a tremendous amount of stress into my family's lives. Our family is in the worst financial situation that we have ever been in with our medical debt and other debts that have accumulated since my husband's surgery. We still have to make payments on a car that I totaled in a horrible car accident three weeks ago. Now, to top all that off, I received a fine in the mail today for the car accident which did not involve any other people, and which did not damage any other property than my own. Needless to say, my family does not have any extra money to pay this fine. Plus, I am extremely angry that I was issued a fine for an accident that was beyond my control. I feel like the state of Pennsylvania is ripping me off. However, in the middle of this chaos, I have to find at least one thing that I am thankful for, so that I do not sink into that deep sea of despair.




I am thankful that my life was spared three weeks ago after my car lost control and rolled several times; however, I need God to grant me some strength to get through these stresses that have been piling on since the accident. I am thankful for my husband and son, because they keep me grounded and they keep me from wallowing in too much self-pity and depression. I just pray that God gives them the strength to deal with my bouts with mood swings that have been happening quite frequently since my accident. The thing I am most thankful for right now is that my husband received a good report from the doctor yesterday at his quarterly check up, and the cancer has not returned.



No matter what kind of negative forces are coming against you in your life, you should be able to think of at least one thing to be thankful for. Even if you are only thankful for the air that you breathe that means that you are still thankful. Look around every day and recognize all the things that you have to be thankful for. I bet you can find at least one thing no matter what stresses you may be facing.




No comments:

Post a Comment