Wednesday, September 14, 2011

September 13, 2011

YOU ARE STRONGER THAN WHAT YOU MAY BELIEVE!!!


In the past two years, I got sick and tired of people telling me how strong of a person I was. There were times and still are times, when I become emotionally exhausted from the stresses that are now facing my family. Sometimes, I sit back and think that it was easier going through my husband's surgery, chemotherapy, and radiation treatments than it is going through what we are facing financially right now. However, there are a few things I have learned in the past two years: 1. Take one day at a time. God gives you what you need today. 2. Believe in yourself and do not rely on others to come to your aide. Put your trust in God, because people will only disappoint you. 3. Relax. Sometimes, things are just beyond our control, and there is nothing we can do to change it. We just need to learn to go with the flow. Most of all, tell yourself that you are a strong person, and you will overcome whatever adversity that life throws your way.


It is easy to sit back and get selfish by wondering things like, "Where was my family's fundraiser when my husband was battling cancer?" or "Why didn't our family members help us out with our medical bills and other financial responsibilities while we were down and out?" You might even start to feel resentment toward your family members, because they are all off living their happy little lives and going on lavish vacations while you are struggling to get by. The fact of the matter is your life is not their responsibility. Yes, it would be wonderful if they all pitched in to help you out in your time of need; however, it's truly not their responsibility. 



Today I got very angry with my mother, because she has been hounding my husband and I that we need to buy another car since I totaled my other car. The facts are my husband and I cannot afford to buy another car right now. We have too much accumulated debt from all our medical bills since we bought our car two years ago. Our credit is in shambles and there is no way we would qualify for an automobile loan. However, my mother insists on making this her business even though we tell her time and time again that we cannot afford another payment. However, my mother could buy me a car and pay cash for it; however, I would never ask her to do my family this favor. But before I even had a chance to ask her, she told me that her funds are low and there is no way she could afford to buy us a car (which isn't true). Now, you are probably thinking, "Why are you telling me all this?" My friend, what I am trying to say is do not expect other people to help you when you may be facing hard times. I could expect my mother to buy me a new or used car; however, I would never even ask her for the favor. Our financial situation is not her responsibility or any of our other family members' responsibility. We will get through these hard times on our own, because we are stronger than what we may believe ourselves!



No comments:

Post a Comment