Wednesday, September 7, 2011

September 7, 2011

PERSEVERE!!!


My family had an adventure today that made me think of a quote that I posted on my Facebook page last night. "Do or do not. There is no try" (Master Yoda). Then I realized that we need to persevere and never give up in times of adversity. If you keep doing, you will persevere!



Today my husband had his quarterly check up which takes place at a hospital 75 miles away from our home. When we left early this morning, it was not raining at our home, so I thought that I would have easy driving the whole way to the hospital. However, when we were about 20 miles from our destination the sky seemed to open up and the deluge began. Since I am still a little traumatized from my car accident from a few weeks ago, because I wrecked my car while it was raining, I decided to let my husband drive the rest of the way to his appointment. Meanwhile, I was in the passenger side praying the entire way that we would make it there safely, and I was also praying that the rain would stop for our return trip home.



As the day progressed, the weather became worse. It became so bad that the doctors were closing down the hospital and canceling and rescheduling appointments. As we were getting ready to leave the hospital at 3 p.m., we were informed that all the roads had been closed down due to a state of emergency! All the roads were supposedly flooded, and we were advised to spend the night at the hospital. This brought about panic for my husband and I, because we had to get home to pick up our son after school; otherwise, he would be stuck there all night long by himself. We had no one to call to pick up our son. My husband looked at me and said that we were going home. He saw other cars on the road, and he said if the roads were too bad that we would turn around and come back to the hospital. Two hours and 15 minutes later, we were picking up our son from his after school program. The roads were fine, but we had to go out and investigate for ourselves. We didn't take other people's word for it. We decided to take a step forward in faith, and we persevered!



Don't be afraid to look at things through your own eyes. Don't be afraid to take a step forward to see where it takes you. If the situation is too dangerous, you can always turn back around and go where you came from. However, it might be clear skies on the other side of the bridge like it was for my husband and I once we drove through the city. Take one step! It might lead to perseverance!


No comments:

Post a Comment