Friday, September 16, 2011

September 15, 2011

ENJOY WHAT YOU DO FOR A LIVING!!!


Confucius said, "Find a job you love and you will never work a day in your life." Isn't this a great idea! If we love our job, then we will not dread going to the place which allows us to make a living. As I look back over all the jobs I have had in my life, I can honestly say that there were maybe two that I did not like. One was working in a cafeteria and the other was at a convenience store. I can't really say that I disliked the work; what I had issues with were the negative people who worked there. However, the good jobs or jobs I enjoyed, outnumber the bad jobs. It is extremely important that you enjoy what you do for a living!

Today I started working again at the fast food restaurant that was my very first job over 20 years ago. So many things have changed over the years, and I find the new keyboard system extremely difficult to learn and understand. However, as I look at how I have to interact with the public, I realized why I stayed at that job for nearly five years. Yes, the work is very demanding, and I was questioning myself if I was going to be able to keep up with the fast pace. I even questioned myself as to how I got all the tasks done in one shift all those years ago. However, I realized that this is a job that I do enjoy. 

You can find enjoyment in any job that you choose. However, there may be times that a job may not be enjoyable at all. You will have to choose if you want to stick with that job or find something else that fits you better. Life is very short, so it is crucial that we find a job that we don't mind going to every day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment