Wednesday, September 28, 2011

September 28, 2011

PRACTICE A RANDOM ACT OF KINDNESS EVERY DAY!!!


When was the last time you did something kind for someone else? One way of creating joy in our own lives and providing joy in another person's life is by practicing random acts of kindness. Now, this does not mean that we have to go out and spend hundreds of dollars on lavish gifts. We can spread the joy by doing little things for people each day. Be kind to everyone, because everyone is facing some kind of battle. 



You might be thinking, "How can I spread acts of kindness without spending money?" Well, it could start out with something simple, such as holding the door for someone or sending an old friend a card through the mail. Acts of kindness do not have to cost money; however, if you feel compelled to provide an act of kindness by purchasing a gift, maybe you could buy a stranger a cup of coffee. Maybe you could give the waitress an extra tip. One time someone anonymously sent my son a gift card in the mail to a new restaurant which was opening in our town which he desperately wanted to go to. However, this was during a time when my family could not afford extra luxuries such as eating out due to my husband's medical bills. Till this day I have no idea who sent the gift card. No one admitted to it. However, my son was very grateful, and he truly did enjoy his chili dogs from Sonic. If our anonymous friend is reading this, thank you from the bottom of our hearts. 



Spreading acts of kindness not only makes the recipient happy, but it brings joy to the giver as well. In the past when my family was more financially secure, I loved giving to people who were in need or to family members who I knew needed a helping hand. I think it brought more joy into my heart than what the gift may have brought my friends. Start each new day by asking yourself, "How can I help someone today?" Then practice random acts of kindness!




No comments:

Post a Comment