Friday, September 2, 2011

September 2, 2011

INVENT YOUR FUTURE!!!


Have you ever heard the saying that the best way to predict someone's future is by looking at his or her past? Well, I am going to tell you that people can change, because I am one of those people! I may not have been the nicest person on the block in the past, and I was notorious for speaking my mind whether people wanted to hear my opinion or not! Not to mention that if you ticked me off, I was going to tell you about it. I was never one for beating around the bush, and I was a "tell it as I see it" type of gal. However, this type of behavior and attitude didn't sit well with many people; especially people who like to be right all the time or people who only want to hear what they want to hear. So it is very safe to say that over the years, I have created for myself several (or maybe I should say) numerous enemies. However, these people still view me as the young, naive, outspoken teenage brat that they met two decades ago, and these people will not associate with me which I have to say I really don't blame them, because they are remembering the "old" Liz. They never took the time to really get to know me, so they do not know how I have truly changed over the years, especially since my husband's cancer diagnosis! I decided that I was ready to invent my own future!



In the past, it seemed like I was totally surrounded by drama! No matter where I went drama was there! However, what I did not realize back then was that I was allowing the drama into my life. I never thought that life could exist without drama. BOY!!! Was I wrong!!! The only way that drama can exist is if we allow it into our lives. Once you close the door on the drama, those who were creating it will just find a new person to take their petty issues to.




I have decided to invent my future by changing what truly needed to be changed within me. I have learned that silence is the best tool for change. In the past, I talked WAY too much! I would tell people things that truly were none of their business. I always thought that is how people were supposed to interact with each other; however, I have learned that foolish people talk too much, but a wise man listens more than he speaks. I learned that I do not need to tell everyone every detail of what is going on in my family's life. In the past, people would usually take the wrong meaning out of my words, so now, they will have to take the wrong meaning out of my silence.



Each day is a new beginning! Each day I can invent the next phase of my future. My past may have been rocky, but it does not mean my future has to be that way. Each day is a learning experience, and it is up to me to decide what I want to take away from each of my days! Life is beautiful, so invent the beautiful life that is waiting for you!


No comments:

Post a Comment