Friday, September 23, 2011

September 22, 2011

LEARN IMPORTANT LIFE LESSONS FROM THE BILLBOARDS YOU SEE EVERY DAY!!!


A few years ago, messages on billboards like the one above starting popping up along highways in the United States. My family loved to drive down the highway to see what new message would be posted next. We found these messages humorous, so over the years, I got into the habit of reading billboards because some of these messages were extremely inspiring. Tonight on our way home from picking up my husband from work, he noticed the following message on a church sign, "For Christians, death is the rescue from life."



I found this message very disturbing! Now, I think I understand what this church is trying to say, because I consider myself a Christian; however, I keep my views on God and religion to myself, because my views are different than most Christians that I know. However, I do believe in God, and in my own opinion, I think this church was trying to say that death from "self" rescues us from the "materialism" of life. This quote on this church billboard made me wonder what non-believers might think. They might feel that the church was promoting suicide. I told my family that someone should call that church and remind them that life is a precious gift from God. People should think about what they are posting for the world to see, because you never know what another person's perspective of the message will be. 



Most of the time the messages on billboards can be funny and even inspiring, but there are times when we read something that just does not sit well with us. For instance, the message my family saw tonight clearly could have been worded differently. In the past, I have written about finding inspiration everywhere. You can even find inspiration on a billboard, so keep your eyes open and read the messages that the Universe may be sending you just be careful of your perspective of the message. The meaning may be totally different than what you may perceive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment