Friday, December 2, 2011

December 2, 2011

HELP TO STOP BULLYING!!!




All day I struggled with a topic to write about. Then I sat down tonight to watch one of my favorite shows, Extreme Makeover Home Edition. After the show ended, I knew what I needed to write about. Help to stop bullying!!! Do not remain silent!!! Stand up and speak out!!! It may save a life!!!



Bullies come in all shapes and sizes. There are times when we ourselves are the bullied and then at another point in time we might be the one doing the bullying. I look back at my own childhood, and I was bullied all of the time, and most of the time I was bullied by my own siblings. Bullying can really take its toll on a child, and the damage may carry over into adulthood. Bullying destroys your self-esteem, and may give you an inferiority complex where you feel like you are not good enough in any area of your life. I truly believe that the bullying I dealt with as a child helped to rip apart my self-esteem. As far back as I remember, I always had a low self-esteem. 


On tonight's episode of Extreme Makeover Home Edition, they talked about an 11 year old boy who took his own life, because he could not cope with bullies. As a parent, I think this would be a devastating way to lose a child. Also as a parent, I know that I would like to do as much as possible so that another tragedy like this never happens in the future. So vow today to stand up to bullies! If you know of a child or even an adult who is being bullied, then do something about it. Do not remain silent! Help to stop bullying today!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment