Monday, December 5, 2011

December 5, 2011

REFUSE TO DO NOTHING!!!


Did you ever face a time in your life when you needed your friends and family members to be there for you? Did you ever need people to be there if only to lend a shoulder to cry on? Have you ever been disappointed when no one came to your rescue? Did you voice your hurt and frustration with those people? What was their answer? Did it sound something like this...."Why are you so angry? I didn't do anything!" They didn't even realize it, but they answered their own question!!! They didn't do anything!!! They did NOTHING!!! Learn to REFUSE to do NOTHING!!!



It is really easy to become one of those people who turn away from people who may be facing a need. It is easier to pretend that everything is okay, and it is much easier to just let those who are facing the need to work everything out on their own. DON'T DO THAT!!! Do you know how frustrating it is when you really need people to be by your side, but there is no one there to turn to. Maybe I am old fashioned in my beliefs, but I do not feel that people need to beg for any kind of help.  For instance, last Christmas a family member told me that she and her husband were not going to be having a Christmas because they could not afford to have one. Now, I could have ignored her words, and I could have thought, "Oh well, that's not my concern." However, I saw their need, and I went to the grocery store, and I got them a $50 gift certificate. Now, I know that it wasn't a whole lot that I was able to give them, because my own family has been struggling with our own finances, but I did something!!! I did not sit back and do nothing!



This holiday season I challenge you to refuse to do nothing! If you hear of someone having a need, try to help meet the need. Even if you cannot meet the entire need on your own, maybe you could get several people to chip in and help to meet the need. Don't just sit back and wait for everything to fix itself, because sometimes it will just get worse. Refuse to do nothing!!! The reward will be priceless!


No comments:

Post a Comment