Friday, December 23, 2011

December 23, 2011

NOT EVERYONE YOU MEET IS GOING TO LIKE YOU, SO STOP TRYING TO WIN EVERYONE OVER!!!


There are going to be people in our lives who will never like us regardless of how we try to win them over to our side. We may not even know why these people do not like us. Most of the time we have done nothing wrong. It may just be a conflict of personalities. The best thing to do in these situations is to let it alone. Don't try to force people to like you! It will only make matters worse!

There are people in my own life who do not like me. It has truly bothered me throughout the years. In the past, I would send these people emails and letters trying to fix the situation. I was always trying to ask questions as to why these people did not like me. The only thing I was doing was making the situation worse and pushing these people away from me even further. No one likes to be forced into liking someone they do not want to like. I was trying to force these people to accept me and to be my friend. 

My husband has told me over and over that you cannot force people to like you, and I think I finally understand. In these situations I need to "Let go, and Let God!" Meaning I need to release the situation to God, and allow Him to handle it. When we try to fix things on our own, it usually doesn't work. Just learn that not everyone in the world is going to like you, so stop trying to force them to like you! It usually never works out.

No comments:

Post a Comment