Thursday, December 29, 2011

December 29, 2011

JUST BECAUSE PEOPLE TREAT YOU RUDELY DOESN'T MEAN THAT YOU HAVE TO TREAT THEM THE SAME WAY!!!


In the past several years, I have dealt with a lot of rudeness from many different people. Now the way I reacted probably wasn't the best way for me to react to their rude behavior and words. Looking back at my situations, I realize now that I could have handled the situations in better manners. Instead of treating them badly like they were treating me, I could have acted the complete opposite, and I could have embraced them with kindness. 



I know that probably sounds really ridiculous especially if someone is screaming in your face and attacking your character. However, wouldn't it throw them completely off guard if you came back with a remark such as, "I am really sorry you feel that way, and I totally understand your frustration. You have every right to feel the way you do, and I hope we can remedy this situation." I think they wouldn't know what to say. Instead of adding fuel to the fire the next time someone verbally attacks you, ask them how the situation can be fixed.



In the New Year, I am going to do my best at holding my temper if and when someone attacks me or belittles me. I have to keep telling myself that I am a good person, and just because someone may see me as something different doesn't make their view of me my reality. Sometimes people don't want to see us as who we really are. Sometimes people get stuck and view us of who we used to be 10 or 20 years ago.



Just remember....if people are treating you rudely, you do not have to treat them the same way!!! Sometimes people verbally attack us because they are looking for a fight, and they know they will get their way because of how we may have reacted in the past. Don't give them their way! Be the better person!!! Smile and show a little kindness!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment