Thursday, December 1, 2011

December 1, 2011

BEWARE OF THE SCROOGES THIS TIME OF YEAR!!!


There are negative people in the world year long, but it seems like during the holidays these negative naysayers seem to get worse, and they will do everything they can possibly dream of to bring you down to their miserable level. Just because they have chains of misery and despair wrapped around themselves, doesn't mean that we have to join them. 



My mother's name should be Ebenezer, because she is one who thinks that life is just a horrible thing to have to live. Spend a few minutes with her, and she will drain all your life energy right out of you. After living with this woman for 19 years of my life, it took me many years to realize that life isn't a big soap opera surrounded by drama on a daily basis. Today is December 1st, and with that there are only 24 more days until Christmas. Well, Ms. Ebenezer struck again by canceling last minute her doctor's appointment I was supposed to take her to tomorrow. This infuriated me, because I passed up a wonderful subbing opportunity, because I knew I had to take her to her appointment, but that did not matter to her. She simply does not want to go. She never seems to take into consideration the sacrifices that others may make for her to meet her needs. Things have to be her way, and she doesn't care what she needs to do to pull everyone down to her level. Beware of these scrooges especially during the holiday season!



Sometimes, we need to put up a special guard when we around people like this. We have to learn to guard and protect our feelings, emotions, and our well-being. When people are miserable with their own lives, they want everyone they associate with to feel pity on them and they want others to be miserable right along with them and think they way they think. WELL...I REFUSE!!! 

Life is beautiful!!! Life is a gift!!! And NO scrooge-like person, even if it is my mother, is going to bring me down!!! Stand up to the Scrooges in your life!!! Beware of the Scrooges who will try their darnedest to wreck your holidays!


No comments:

Post a Comment