Tuesday, October 11, 2011

October 10, 2011

PUSH THROUGH THE OVERWHELMING DAYS!!!


Whenever we face stress at home, that stress can overflow into other areas of our lives, such as the work place or with our friends. When life gets really stressful, we need to learn to push through our days, and we need to tell ourselves that tomorrow may be better. There is one constant in life, and that is change. One thing we can be sure of is tomorrow will probably be a lot different than today. When our days get overwhelming, just push through the day. 


Today was a rough day at work and when you add in the stress that my family is already facing in our every day lives, it turned out to be more stress than one person is willing or wanting to take on. At one point during my day, I even considered putting in my two weeks notice. However, reality set in and then I realized that I need this job in order to pay some bills each week. 


There is one thing I have learned in the last few years and that is that most people really do not care what we are going through in our personal lives. Now, please do not take that comment the wrong way, because there truly are people in the world who care. However, most of the people in our work lives do not care if we may be facing bankruptcy at home. What our managers and coworkers care about is the fact that we go to work and do our jobs. Most work places do not want us to bring our personal lives to work. So, if you are going through trying times in your life, your emotions will more than likely be on edge; so don't take harsh comments at work too personally. One thing I need to learn to do is just let things roll off my back, and I need to learn not to allow my emotions to get hurt so easily. I just need to learn to keep pushing through each day that may be overwhelming. 

No comments:

Post a Comment