Monday, October 24, 2011

October 23, 2011

BE KIND TO THE PEOPLE YOU CARE ABOUT!!!


Like some of my past titles, this title might seem a little silly to you. You might be thinking, "Well, I am kind to the people I care about!" However, I have a differing opinion. We become complacent with the people we care about, and we tend to take our aggressions and frustrations out on the people we care about the most. Why do we do this? They are the ones who know us the best, and they are the ones who are willing to put up with our unkind behavior. If you think that you are not unkind to the people you care about, think about how you talk to these people. Do you snap at these people on a regular basis or find yourself becoming agitated if these people do not jump when you want them to do a task for you. Start observing people around you and watch how they treat each other. I find myself cringing when walking through a public place, and I hear parents yelling at their children especially if the children aren't doing anything wrong. Learn to recognize how you interact with the people you care about and show kindness to everyone!



Today my family went to see the movie, The Three Musketeers." However, before we left to go to the mall, I was becoming irritated because my husband was taking longer than I liked to get ready to leave the house. When I am ready to leave, I expect everyone to be ready to walk out the door. I get frustrated when I have to wait a few minutes. However, after the movie was over, I was reminded that I need to show the people I care about more kindness. As we were leaving the movie theatre, my husband fainted in the middle of the mall. A few young men were kind enough to help my son and I get my husband to our car, so that I could rush him to the hospital. When we got to the hospital, we found out that my husband's blood sugar and blood pressure were extremely low! I was immediately reminded not to become complacent with my family members and to treat them with kindness every day, because we never know what is going to happen minute to minute. 



The people we are closest to deserve to be treated kindly, and we are the ones who need to treat them this way! Sometimes, we get caught up in the rush of everyday life, and we forget that the people we interact with daily need extra love from us. Even if we have been through life-threatening circumstances, we tend to forget and we tend to fall back into the ways we treated each other before the illness or situation. Learn to treat each other with kindness!!! ALWAYS!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment