Friday, October 21, 2011

October 21, 2011

TALK LESS, LISTEN MORE!!!


Do you pray? Normally in my blog and on Facebook, I do not like to bring up my religious views, because religion usually causes a lot of controversy. However, I do believe in God who is the Creator of the Universe and everything in the Universe. Praying to this God has gotten me through some of the toughest battles that my family has faced. I can truly say that I would not have made it through these difficult situations if it weren't for my prayer sessions with God. What I have had to do over the years is to learn not to talk so much, but to open up my ears and to listen to what God has to say. 



There are times in our lives when we get wrapped up in trying to solve our own problems. Did you notice when you are trying to control everything in your life that things seem to fall apart. The more you try to "fix" things the worse of a mess you seem to make. This is how it used to be in my life. I would analyze certain situations, and I would try to fix things, and instead of fixing anything, I usually ended up making people angry with me and I only made the matter worse. Sometimes, the best thing we can do is pray and let God handle the situation. 



When we pray, it is okay to ask God for help, but we also need to learn to become silent and listen to what God has to say. I have to admit that this has been an extremely hard lesson to learn. For instance, when I was trying to deal with difficult family members who enjoyed bringing drama into my life, I had the tendency to voice my own feelings and opinions to these drama makers. What I needed to do was become silent and listen to God. During these times, I knew that God was speaking to me. He would say things like, "Don't say anything" or "Delete that email and ignore it." However, my flesh would take over and I would tell myself that I did not deserve to be treated with disrespect, and I was not going to put up with rude people, so I would give them back what they were giving to me. I have to admit that I handled my situations all wrong! 



When you hear God tell you to, "Say nothing" then you need to listen and do as God says. This is not an easy task to learn, and I am still learning on a daily basis. However, I am getting better each day, and I am learning to listen to that voice known as God. Learn to listen, and watch all your relationships in life improve! 


No comments:

Post a Comment