Monday, October 17, 2011

October 17, 2011

IF YOU ARE MISERABLE DOING WHAT YOU ARE DOING, YOU ARE PROBABLY ON THE WRONG PATH!!!


For the last several months, I have been extremely miserable while trudging down my path of life. My home life has been fine. My job life is what has been getting me down. The feeling I get when even thinking about going to my job is a feeling of dread. Today my husband made me realize that I am way too miserable to continue down the path I am on, because I am clearly on the wrong path. 



I quit another job today. Now, I am not saying that everyone should go out and quit his or her job just because you have a bad day. However, nearly every day I went to work would result in me getting criticized and yelled at for what I thought was me performing a good job. One thing that people must understand is that I have another part time job to fall back on, and that is my part-time substituting job. As soon as I quit the part-time job at the restaurant, I received two subbing jobs for this week. I am not planning on sitting at home doing nothing, because my family has lots of bills to pay. Not only did I line up two subbing jobs, but I was also online applying for a new part-time job to take the place of the one I just quit. 



The last two years has taught me a very valuable lesson, and that lesson is life is too short to be miserable, and it is too short to surround yourself with rude people. Most of the people I worked with at the restaurant were downright rude and nasty. There are a few girls who I will miss, but for most part, I walk away from that job and I leave all the misery behind. I have to have faith that I will find a job that is like one I had a few years ago where the coworkers were more like family members than acquaintances. If you are miserable doing what you are doing, you are probably taking the wrong path.


No comments:

Post a Comment