Saturday, October 29, 2011

October 29, 2011

ENJOY THE BEAUTY OF THE FIRST SNOWFALL OF THE SEASON!!!


Today is only October 29, and we are still only in the autumn season; however, mother nature must think that it is winter time because it is snowing in Pennsylvania! I am 38 years old, and I never remember it snowing before Halloween! This weekend was supposed to consist of me raking up my yard full of leaves; however, they are now covered with several inches of snow. Some people might be upset and angry about this premature snowfall, but I think it is beautiful! I am going to enjoy this first snowfall of the season!



I have a friend who bakes cookies with her son whenever we have a snow day from school. Even though today is Saturday, I wonder if she and her son are sharing their tradition together. Whenever it is snowing outside, and we are forced to stay indoors, that is special time we are given to spend with our families (if we have families) or special me time that we can use to get caught up on projects or to just lounge around and enjoy the day. 



Sometimes I think God gives us days like this in order to slow us down. As I am typing this and looking out my window, the beauty of the  freshly, fallen snow on the trees and ground is breathtaking. Enjoy the beauty that nature gives you! If you don't live in a part of the world that gets snow, then look up pictures on the internet of the beauty snow can bring. Enjoy the beauty of the first snowfall of the season!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment