Thursday, November 10, 2011

November 10, 2011

BE GRATEFUL FOR THE DIFFICULT PEOPLE IN YOUR LIFE!!!


The title I am using for today's blog probably seems a bit ridiculous; however, just give me a minute to explain. The more we have to deal with difficult people, the more our character is being strengthened, stretched, and grown. At the time someone is screaming in our face, we probably are only thinking about defending ourselves. At the time, we probably will not see how this difficult person is making us a better person. The more you have to deal with adversity, the better you will become at handling difficult situations and people. Be grateful for those difficult people who present themselves to you in your life. 



In the past year, I have had so many people come against me, and they came against me during the hardest time in my family's life. The first person who came against me was my very best friend of 27 years. That hurt as she turned her back on me and walked away. I had felt like I lost my twin sister. It was like someone had taken a dagger and stabbed me right through my heart. The second person who came against me was my husband's uncle who I must say we were very close. He blamed me for things that were not true and for things that I had no control over. When he and his wife walked out of our lives it was like a set of parents had closed us out of their lives. The third person was my husband's niece. Again, this family member was accusing me of things that were not true; however, trying to prove my innocence over the years have proved pointless because once people get their mind set against you there is nothing you can say or do to change their thinking. The fourth person was a sister-in-law who made very rude comments about my husband having cancer and making comments that people who get cancer deserve it. With each and every one of these attacks, I have learned how to deal and cope better with people who are only out to create drama and arguments. I have learned from my past reactions how I should react in the future if faced with similar circumstances. I have learned how to keep quiet if necessary and walk away!



Because of these attacks and these difficult people, I have become stronger, and I have learned what works and what does not work when dealing with drama. I have learned that sometimes when we blame ourselves for certain situations, such as people not accepting us into their families as part of the family, that this is more their problem than what it is ours. They are the ones who harbor feelings of bitterness, resentment, and unforgiveness. The more you face battles in your life especially with difficult people, the more you will learn how to deal with these people. Be grateful for the difficult people in your life! They make you stronger every single day!


No comments:

Post a Comment