Tuesday, November 8, 2011

November 7, 2011

REACH OUT TO SOMEONE WHO MAY BE HURTING!!!


How observant are you? Can you tell when your friends, family, or co-workers are hurting and may need someone to talk to? If you are able to tell when someone is facing stressful situations, what do you do about it? Do you offer a helping hand or do you just mind your own business and say nothing? I challenge you to reach out the next time you sense that someone you know needs someone there for them in their time of need.



For the past three school days, I have been subbing in a school I never worked in before. I met a lady who is very nice, but it was very apparent that she is facing some very stressful situations. Since today was going to be my last day working with her, I wrote down my email address and the title of my community page on Facebook so she can find me in case she needs someone to speak to. I did not pry into her circumstances, because I just met her, but in the future if she needs someone I will be there for her if she needs someone to listen to her. 



If we are present in our daily lives, we will be able to learn when others need our helping hand. Don't be afraid to reach out to those who may be facing difficult times. The next time you need someone, they will be there for you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment