Thursday, November 10, 2011

November 9, 2011

TELL IT HOW IT IS!!!



There may come some times in our lives when we will need to be blunt and to the point to the people we love. Tonight this is what I had to do with my mother. For the last five or more years, my mother has been making frequent trips to our local emergency room. Most of the time it turns out that there is nothing wrong with her. I believe there has only been three times in the last five years that there was something seriously wrong during our monthly/weekly trips to the emergency room. Last night I had enough, and I told her how it is. 



Now, that may seem like a harsh move, but after working all day, the last thing you want to do is sit for hours in the emergency room just to hear the doctor say that there is nothing wrong. While my mother was self-diagnosing herself tonight and giving me her dose of negativity while telling me how there is something that always goes wrong in life and that she was just going to die, I could no longer listen to the negativity. I started to tell her how life is a precious gift, and it is up to her to have the type of life she wants. I explained to her that she does not value her life, because she is a cancer survivor who smoked the entire way through her chemotherapy and radiation treatments, and she smokes more now than she ever did which is two cartoons of cigarettes a week. She did not want or like to hear anything that I had to say, but I said it anyway.



If there are people in your life who are constantly spouting negative remarks, you might need to tell them how it is. You might have to speak up and tell these negative naysayers that you will no longer listen to their words. Some people only look at what is wrong in life instead of treasuring what is right in their lives. Do not allow those people to bring you down to their level. You might have to tell it how it is!



No comments:

Post a Comment