Thursday, November 3, 2011

November 3, 2011

LOOK AT REJECTION AS A SIGN THAT SOME THINGS ARE NOT MEANT TO BE!!!

How do you handle rejection in your life? In my own past, I have had a hard time dealing with rejection. I would take rejection extremely personally, and I would blame myself usually stating that there was something wrong with me. However, over the years, I have learned to look at rejection differently. Rejection is simply a sign of things that were not meant to be. 



There are numerous ways people may face rejections. Lots of times we are rejected by people in our lives who do not want to be our friend. This type of rejection hurts very badly, but through time we realize that we did not need that other person in our life. Sometimes, we have to face rejection in order to build our character, and so we can become stronger individuals. Over the last three years, I have been facing rejection in my work place. I am a substitute teacher's aide, and I have been trying to get a full-time position with our local school district, but time after time, I am rejected for the positions in which I am applying. I have learned not to take this rejection too personally, but to look at the job in which I was applying was not meant to be. I have to keep telling myself that God has something better waiting for me. I just need to be patient that the right job will come along at the right time. It's just not my time yet. 


When life does not go your way, and you do not get exactly what you want when you want it, do not get discouraged, angry, bitter, or even resentful. Look at the rejection with a new perspective and tell yourself that it just wasn't meant to be. Sometimes we do not get exactly what we want in life in order to protect us from danger. Take one day at a time, be patient, and don't take rejection too personally. We are not meant to get everything we want in life. Sometimes, God has better plans! 

No comments:

Post a Comment